Monday, December 13, 2010

My Pet Poppy




I was never allowed a pet growing up. It's not that anybody was allergic to them, my parents just weren't animal people. Then we started moving around places and it just wasn't practical to have a pet. So i had a 'pet' poppy. I named it Meredith, and she stayed in my room for about three days until my hay-fever forced her out into the harsh environment of our deck. She lived for about six months and then died. I'm not sure of the average life-span of a poppy, so I'm assuming I didn't actually kill her prematurely... but like I say I have no idea. Perhaps the cold NZ weather was just too much for poor old Meredith. RIP Meredith - I thought she was both the bee's knees and the cat's pajamas while she lasted!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com // PS Brush by Pink On Head